Being in a relationship with someone you are sickly and entirely in love with is one of life's greatest gifts. As most of your friends reach that age of long-term relationships and settling down, the two big questions many discuss are:
- What says I love you?
- How do YOU express love?
As simple as these two questions are, people, need to stop, take a second, and think before answering these two questions in more than fewer instances.
Why? Because the answer is different for everyone on this earth.
What is love?
Some may say love is Roses, Tulips and Lilies. Others will say love is dancing to The way you look tonight, and a few will say love is an action like being there for a partner.
There isn't a right or wrong answer, to be frank.
In our opinion at Naked Curve, love can come in many shapes and forms that require giving and receiving. Just like plus size lingerie, it's all about the right fit.
Google says love is an unfathomable feeling of deep affection. Do we wonder what Yahoo and Bing say?
Who is love?
- Love is the man or woman you wake up next to and smile.
- Love is your partner stroking your hair on the couch during a movie.
- Love is your person understanding your brain, thought process and how you function without making you feel weird.
- Love is your lover sharing their Eggs Bennedict with you on Saturday Brunch.
- Love is your boyfriend or girlfriend distracting you while waiting for medical results.
- Love is that incredible plus size lingerie set you bought to surprise your lover.
How do you express love?
So how do you do it?
Don't expect us at Naked Curve to tell you because only you know within what expressions of love will be appreciated and reciprocated by your one and only. I mean, hey, we're still learning too. Aren't we all human here?
Expressing love is unique to every one of us, and watching a few more Nicholas Sparks movies won't give you a significant insight into how to handle love in reality.
Show your life by:
- Be attentive. Listen and give your attention to your partner.
- Share affirming words that make your love feel secure.
- Cooking your partner's favourite meal.
- Book a spontaneous hotel, enjoy each other's company fully and ruffle those hotel bedsheets.
Where does love start?
One thing we at Naked Curve are experts at is self-love.
Where does love start? Drum roll, please… Love starts with loving yourself first.
Loving yourself is the success formula! Remember when your elders would tell you to treat others as you would like to be treated? Take care of yourself first, then care for those around you.